Friday 14 March 2014

DT Project No 3 by Lucy Edmondson - Featuring Kaisercraft Art of Life



Hi, Lucy here with my final project using the Kaisercraft Art of Life collection, and another home decor item. I used a cardboard chest of drawers which was a horrible shade of green and had contained toiletries, so first of all I painted it with Fresco Finish Little Black Dress. The drawers had fabric drawer pulls which I decided to retain. I cut pieces of the various papers to fit the sides, base, and drawer fronts and stamped them with a selection of the stamps as before, using Smoky Grey and Onyx Black ink.




I stamped the leaves from the Art of Life stamp set onto the grid paper and made rolled roses from a die as before. I added some black die cut leaves and some pearls and arranged these on the top.




I wanted to use the knobs from the sticker sheet included in the paper pack so I cut into the centre of the circle of the knob and then cut out the centre and pulled the fabric pulley through it.



To finish off, I used black dominoes for the feet. I hope you have enjoyed my makes with this gorgeous range. Look out next week for beautiful artwork from my teamie, Diana, and don't forget to leave comments to be in with a chance in the prize draw!



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Lucy - what a transformation. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Off to investigate the papers you used

snazzyoriginal said...

Lovely piece with very clever use of the stickers xx

Maryann Laursen said...

Oh I just love these small drawers and have always made lots of them. And yours here today are just gorgeous and so beautiful decorated. Stunning piece of art well done.
Have a great week-end now everyone.

Terry said...

This is wonderful and so pretty, Lucy! I love those added dominoes. Hugs!

Julie Lee said...

I really love your rolled roses - beautiful and those dominoes feet are inspired! I've adored all three projects! I wouldn't be able to say which I liked the most they are all so pretty and inventive: gorgeous work, Lucy. Julie Ann xxx

Jo said...

Cute box, love the neutral colour scheme and the roses. Jo xx

Diana said...

oh so super cute!!!!

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful papers and beautiful embellishments cluster. Clever idea for the feet, might come in handy...

Etsuko said...

Pretty box Lucy! Fab papers and flowers embellishments. I love those ideas the knobs and domino feet. xx

Words and Pictures said...

Brilliant to use the dominoes as the feet, and what a fabulous use of these papers - oh so elegant - this would grace any dressing table.
Alison x

craftimamma said...

From childhood I have always had a 'thing' about sets of little drawers and even my brother remembered and commented when he saw the all ones I have in my craftroom, lol! Our childhood was a very long time ago, ha! ha! I love how you've given these little drawers a makeover Lucy and they are now beautiful and elegant.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

Lucy I really love this its amazing what you can do with a different colour and nice papers xx

Pat said...

I love these drawers, and such a clever idea to use dominoes for feet
Pat x

Minxy said...

totally adorable chick, love the domino feet x