Monday 17 March 2014

DT Project #1 - Diana

HI everyone!!

as the lovely ladies had all shown you this month already we all have been working with Kaisercraft's Art of Life line and the projects before me were totally spectacular i must say!
for my project i decided to follow suit with Minxy and show a video close up of my project followed with a  few pictures.


i must say i absolutely loved working with this line of paper.. the neutral tones were so my style!!!
so here is my video:

and here are the close up pictures including a few befores and durings!! so here is the plain book i started with.
 i used my ruler and a fiskars rotary trimmer and cut out some centres all the way through.
 i coloured the cut outs with my lovely tim holtz distress markers
because i had mod podged sections of my book together it allowed me to use the cards as tabs on each section. i really love how it turned out. i find it very antique/vintage like!!

i hope you enjoyed my project! i will see you again at the end of the week!!

diana

10 comments:

Rita said...

Fabulous book Diana. Hugs Rita xxx

Pat said...

WOW! How original - where is my rotary cutter? I must try this
Pat x

craftimamma said...

Your altered book showcases this fabulous product kit beautifully Diana. Lovely project!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW this is soooooooooo gorgeous Diana. I love the idea of the book, and it turned out soooooooo fantastic looking, just amazing work hun. The person who´ll get this will be a very happy bunny that´s for sure. It´s really fabulous work and lay out in every detail.

Craftyfield said...

This is beautiful and it gave me an idea, I have a book I could turn into something both useful and decorative. Thinking cap on...

snazzyoriginal said...

Amazing altered book, so beautifully tatty and inky, just my cup of tea xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

So beautiful Diana and such a great video!

Lucy x

Diana said...

thanks everyone! i loved reading your comments!

Words and Pictures said...

Fab - just love all those file tabs on the pages!
Alison x

Minxy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love every little detail from the rough edges to the coloured ephemera {never thought to do that}