Tuesday 4 March 2014

DT project #1 by Claire - featuring Kaisercraft Art of Life

Hi Snazzy fans!

Claire here this week to share my projects made with the beautiful Kaisercraft Art of Life collection. 

For my first project I really wanted to use a technique I recently saw from Ellen Vargo - brayering with paint. You can take a look at Ellen's blog HERE

So I started by brayering a piece of white card with Paperartsy Fresco paints in Ice Blue, Lake Wanaka, Blush and Moonlight. I did this randomly and left some of the original white card still showing. 

Next I used the larger of the two leaf stamps in the kit to stamp all over the brayered background using black versafine ink. I cut the background piece down to size and added a piece of the wonderful linen ribbon that came in the kit this month.  I mounted this onto black card stock before adding the sentiment from the kit. Finally the whole piece was added to a kraft DL card blank. 

So thanks for stopping by today, I'll be back again later in the week with another project using the Kaisercraft Art of Life kit!

Love Claire x

9 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

Love the contrast of the subtle background layer with the detail of the black skeleton leaves xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card Claire!

Lucy x

Maryann Laursen said...

Wonderful project Claire, I really like the brayered background, and the leafstamp gives it such a natural feel to it. Great work hun.

craftimamma said...

I've been meaning to try this background technique and you've used it to great effect with those lovely leaf stamps Claire. Beautiful card suitable for male or female.

Hugs
Lesley ~Xx

massofhair said...

Beautiful work Claire, love DL sized cards, the leaves are fab. Wonderful card:-) xxx

Redanne said...

It is beautiful with those subtle colours in the background, the leaf stamp is perfect on top and I just love that sentiment too. Hugs, Anne x

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful card, love the understated colours. I used Ellen's brayer technique and had much fun but varying rates of success!

Julia S-W said...

I really do love that subtle brayered background Claire. The leaf stamp shows it off to perfection.
Juliax

Words and Pictures said...

So elegant - that's really lovely!
Alison x