Monday, 17 June 2013

DT Project #1 by Astrid featuring

Kaisercraft Base Coat Collection

Hello everyone, welcome and lovely to see you here.
The moment I saw the lovely Base Coat collection I knew I would use them to create a Lay Out. The hardest bit about it was cutting into the papers, they are just so gorgeous.... But needs must so here goes...
I started by taking a piece of 12 x 12 chipboard for the base and adhered strips from the "concrete" paper along the edges.

Next I took the "Bark" paper, decided roughly where I wanted my photo to appear and free hand drew a heart on the back, cut it out and distressed all the edges and inked them with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

After I was happy with the way it looked I used it as a stencil on the chipboard to determine where to glue down the photo:
Once I was certain it was all in the right position I created my embellishment cluster on the top paper (it was not yet stuck down at this point) and also did some stamping with one of the wonderful stamps that comes with the collection,  Texture 36 and finally adhered the two bits together using foam tape.
And here is what it looked like:
I'll show you a few details still with a bit more explanation:
Here you can see a bit more of the flower cluster. These were variously coloured Prima flowers mostly left over from previous DT kits. I wanted to add a bit of a pinkish colour to the LO which has a photo of my grand daughter just after she was born and I think she looks rather like a boy, so a bit of stereo typing seemed in order lol. I coloured the flowers with some home made spray, made out of Victorian Velvet reinker mixed with water and a little bit of Perfect Pearls mica powder in a mini mister. The little round spools were made by using stamps from the Tim Holtz Attic Treasures set. The butterflies etc were from my stash.
Here you can see a close up of the beautiful Texture 36 stamp. I stamped it twice in a mix of Black and coffee Archival Ink, once directly onto the bark paper and once on a scrap. I then cut out one of the elements and glued it to the other for a bit of depth.
Finally I created my sentiments by stamping the dictionary back ground and words on scraps of paper, cut them out, distressed them and glued them onto the LO. A bit of Treasure Gold was rubbed along the edges of both the heart and the LO and that was it.
Well, hope you like it, and don't forget if you want a chance of a random comment winner prize, leave a comment on Gillian's first post HERE.

I will be back with another couple of projects, - the next one will be on Wednesday, so hopefully see you then. Thanks for visiting today