Monday 10 June 2013

DT Project #1 by Minxy, Featuring:

Kaisercraft Base Coat Collection

Hay Snazzy fans. 
Hope everyone is enjoying the nice summery spell we have been having here in the UK.
So as you know we are working with the very cool kaisercraft base coat papers and some of their clear stamps too.
My first project is using the 'Bark' sheet.


I started by giving a blank wooden box {from Snazzy's} a coat of cream eco green acrylic paint but only on the edges as I knew most of it would be covered with papers.


I then measured and cut out the paper to fit each side and the top and stuck it all down with cosmic shimmer glue.


I diecut a butterfly and some swirls from the same paper and from some manilla card.

I then stamped the box using the 'perfume' clear stamp for the top, the 'journal' clear stamp for the sides, along with one of the words from the 'secret admire-definitions' clear stamp set for the front.


I used a prima 'engraver collection' flower coloured with a bit of distress ink to match the paper and the die-cut pieces to embellish the top. A brad for the faux knob and some old bingo chips painted black for the feet.

I hope today's project has been to your liking, I'll be back again with a nice shabby scrapbook layout on wednesday, 
so till then Stay Inky

22 comments:

craftimamma said...

Well, it's definitely to my liking Minxy! It's lovely and how nice those colours look. I would never have thought to use those colours on a box but it looks beautiful. Love how you used the stamps too and your embellishments on the top are gorgeous. I adore butterflies, lol! This is a wonderful start to your week

craftimamma said...

Oops, time I went to bed, lol! I hit publish before I typed my usual sign off of .................

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Thisis a fab project , love the distressed look with those colours! Hugs xxtrace x

Helen said...

This is so gorgeous, Nicky! I must get some of those papers..

rachel said...

yum -this is gorgeous xx

Craftychris said...

Fabulous project - so gorgeous! xx

Redanne said...

Stunning project Minxy, love the flower, swirl and butterfly on the top. The Kaisercraft stamps are beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

Really gorgeous... stunning combination of papers and stamping! What a beautiful altered box.
Alison x

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful box Minxy, love the grungy shabby look and great use of the stamps. Love the embellies too!

Jenny Potter said...

Oh those colours work beautifully! It's gorgeous Nicky! I love it! Great job :)
Smiles
Jen

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW this is so gorgeous Minxy. I love the colors and how you build it all up here. Just gorgeous work.

snazzyoriginal said...

Fab shabby chic box. Great use of the papers and stamps in proportion to what I know to be a very dinky little box xx

Moonrose said...

Fabulous Nicky! x

Darcy Marshall said...

Gorgeous way to show those papers.

ria gall said...

Hi Minxy
you have had some fun with this little box. The papers, colours and texture are fantastic.
Really lovely
Ria

Jude said...

Fabulous little box, love the colours.

Hugs
Jude x

Gillian .... said...

Love those particular papers (err love them all) but that is by the by. Fab little grungy box ... it would look lovely on my desk lol xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous box, love the colours! xx

Carol Q said...

beautiful Nicky, great colour choices and what lovely paper to work with

Anonymous said...

That's gorgeous. Love the papers, they look great with the stamping.

Julie Lee said...

Just stunning! I love these natural colours and the embellishments are lovely. You are one talented lady! Julie Ann xxx

fairyrocks said...

Love your altered box. LOVE THIS!! Keep smiling and creating...PS It just begs to be opened, What's inside?