Saturday 1 June 2013

Design Team Project #3 ... London To Paris

Happy Saturday everyone, hope you are all enjoying the weekend so far. Today I'm back with my final project of the week featuring the Base Coat Collection from Kaisercraft.


In conjunction with some Tim Holtz/Studio 490/Ranger goodies also available at Snazzy's. I'm not normally a "Green" person but these weathered shabby papers are lush. I started out by painting this Studio 490 Art Parts Five Panel Frame using Distress Paints (Mowed Lawn) then some (Bundled Sage) to tone it down a bit. I then added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edges. Next I cut the "Weathered 12x12" cardstock to size. Using Archival Ink (Sepia), I then stamped the "Chicken Wire" design from Tim Holtz Mixed Media Set randonmly over the background. For the next layer of stamping I used Archival Ink (Jet Black) to stamp the "Collage" design from Tim Holtz Paris Memoir set.


I stamped further images from Tim Holtz Paris Memoir & London Sights stamp sets onto the "Distressed 12x12" cardstock from the Base Coat collection. The word "Journey" is from the Secret Admirer Definitions Clear Stamp Set from Kaisercraft.


And finally some more stamping on the outer panel and my favourite Ideaology embellies .... Hitch Fastners.

Don't forget to leave a comment HERE to be in with a chance of winning a Snazzy prize.  Lesley is up next on Monday with the most stinkin cool project featuring the Base Coat Collection.

Until next time ....

12 comments:

Minxy said...

Totally unique this one.. love his blue face xo

Carol Q said...

love your window and the view behind it Gillian - gorgeous creation.

Maryann Laursen said...

Such a facinating creation here, and some really cool colors, you´ve used on this project. Lovely work.

Gill said...

I'm definitely a green person and I love this!!

snazzyoriginal said...

Love this. great combination of stamps and colours xx

ria gall said...

Hi Gill
what a fantastic make I am loving the green and the papers are great. Really lovely
Ria

Redanne said...

Gillian, this is a fabulous creation, love all the elements and how they come together so well. xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, incredible & gorgeous.

Inkypinkycraft said...

Another really fab make x trace x.

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous view from your window - a European sightseeing tour! Fantastic stamping throughout...
Alison x

Craftychris said...

This is so interesting and love the vintage feel xx

fairyrocks said...

Fun artistic work. Love all the collaged elements. Keep smiling and creating